March Machiniplex this coming Sunday, March 21st. "Directing Voice Actors"
We'll be discussing how directors can work with voice actors many of whom they have never met in real life, to improve the quality of the acting in their films. Some of the main topics under discussion include:
- Where do you find good voice actors for your film?
- How do you present your characters to them?
- Best methods for working with actors over the net
- How to help actors improve their work and create good recordings.
- The role of improv in voice acting
- How to cut multiple takes of a voice actor into one good performance
Second Life location is UCSville (University College Suffolk) right on the shore. The main slurl for UCSville is:
Second Life is a virtual world so if you've never been, you'll need to download the software (it's free) and orient yourself. Use the slurl (Second Life url) to teleport to the forum location. Please don't be shy and ask for help if you need it.
We'll be using voice chat primarily, but if you don't have headset/mic the text chat will be open.
The time and date again is:
Machiniplex March Forum
March 21st, Sunday, 12PM to 1:30PM (pacific time)
UCSville island in Second Life