<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d5701459753799525439\x26blogName\x3dMachiniplex3\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://machiniplex3.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://machiniplex3.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d4969273092228473609', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

« Home | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next »

Surgee has a New PC
& Other News

Just finished recording the next Overcast where Phil and I discuss the Montreal Expo debacle and even though we both covered a lot of recent news in Machinima there is still a lot we left out. I thought I'd cover some of it here at Machiniplex3.

The big news is that Daniel Wasiluk (Surgee), director of the WoW film "The Demise" has a brand new PC. If any of you recall, Daniel had some financial difficulties around the time we were premiering "The Demise" and had to sell his computer to make ends meet. I decided right then and there to take up a collection at the premiere and to collect as many computer parts as we could to get him up and running again. He's such a great filmmaker, I just couldn't see him not being able to make movies.

Thanks to a lot of donations and some scrounging around by yours truly, I was able to send him most of the components he needed to put together a decent machinima-making PC, along with some cash as well.

Just got this email along with some pix from him the other day:

Hey Ricky,

I just wanted you to know that I was able to get all missing parts and the PC is up and running.Everything works great! I'm now downloading WoW client (left my CD's in Germany) . On this slow connection it will take about a week with all the updates. When it's done, I'm gonna create some trial accounts (had to stop my subscription,got no time to play MMO's) and will start making new movie right away! I'm working at day time and I plan to find new ways to make this movie bigger and better than last one so it might take a bit long before I will complete it.
You said that you can help out with the sound. Do you have some sound effects library or you take care of equalization? Biggest problem with my movies is that I got no source of sound effects , if you got any and could help out in future that would be great! Good sound is half of success :)

Thanks again for helping me out :)

Daniel





So, thanks to everyone who helped get Daniel his new computer. It's this kind of support that makes our community a good one.

Other News

Just some quick notes on developments in the machinima community recently.

-ZenCub3d has a new October beta out with several fixes and tweaks. I really like this program and the people that created it. Do yourself a favor and check it out. 100% Free.

-Expo submissions are closed as of Oct 13th. We've gotten over a hundred entries and the general quality is very good. I'm actually encouraged by the direction of contemporary machinima. Having the opportunity to view so many films really gives you a perspective you might not have otherwise. Now it's on to picking the films that will be screened and passing on the best of the best to our Expo jury. Yay!

-Antics3D has come out with a new version 5 which includes decent facial animation. Haven't had a chance to dig very deeply yet, but from what I've seen it looks good. One downside we didn't mention in the Overcast ( didn't know at the time), is that Antics has decided to do away with their Free version of the program. No explanation has been given, but comments in the Antics forum are not very positive.

-Ian Chisholm, director of "Clear Skies", has agreed to premiere the film at the Machinima Expo on Nov. 9th. This film was one of those that made me sit up in my chair when it was submitted. I'm so grateful that Ian was able to take time out of his busy schedule to attend and answer questions.

-John C. Martin is at Renderosity.com in the "Spotlight" on the front page. It's an interesting feature where John will answer questions all week from the community. If you like iClone, or are just curious, head over to renderosity.com and ask John. He'll give you the straight dope.

-Lastly, Phil and I have just completed an article for the UK magazine PC Plus about the contemporary machinima scene. Not sure when it will be published but I'm guessing it might be in the November issue. We are also going to write a 2-part iClone tutorial for the mag at some point in the future. Really enjoyed this project and working with Phil was a breeze. My only disappointment was that we had to leave too many things out, but we were limited in space.
I'll update here when our article is published.

leave a response